We all know toddlers don’t have HUGE attention spans, so having a few different games on your cell phone always comes in handy when you really need to keep them busy for a few minutes. Where’s Mommy is a new (and FREE) fully customizable seek-and-match game. It comes pre-loaded with 12 animal images and recorded clues. The recording ask the child to find the “monkey” and the tap on the image of the monkey to get a green check mark or a red “X” if they choose the wrong one.
But, the best part of this is that you can add your own photos and voice recordings. The possibilities for this app are endless. I’d like to see the ability to save games so that you can create different games for different subjects. For example:
- Family – pictures of family members to associate names with faces.
- Food – different games of vegetables, fruits, etc. Help teach the child about health and food names.
- Places – pictures of your child’s favorite places
- Toys – find the toys your child plays with the most
- Educational – Pictures of things that start with “C”, for example
Like I said, the possibilities for this app are endless. Luckily, this is the first version of the app and they are open to receiving feedback on what you are interested in seeing with the app. I’m definitely suggesting the ability to save games!
My three year old liked it and especially loved when she heard my silly voice I recorded on some of the pictures. I would definitely download this app, it’s fun and free!
Where’s Mommy is available for the iPad and iPhone for FREE in the AppStore